July 17, 1999
First beta distribution. It implements parallel port support only in Compatibility mode. And (nearly) full Serial support.
July 14, 1999
Gary R. Shaffer joined the team and donate us a fully functional implementation of Serial the part he had coded before.
July 2, 1999
Organization of FreeBSD 'CommAPI' porting team which is an effort to make JAVA's CommAPI freely avialable to the FreeBSD community. Project was coordinated by Jean-Michel DRICOT.
February 13, 2002
Software is currently maintained at http://www.syncrontech.org by Ari Suutari. A Makefile for FreeBSD ports system has been added.
January 30, 2003
- read/write offset is no longer ignored
- uses bsd makefiles
- compiles with native bsd 1.4 jdk
January 27, 2004
- Serial port supports debugging by setting system property "org.freebsd.io.comm.debug" to "true".
- Background threads are now daemon threads. This was not the case in earlier versions, which caused programs not to stop normally.
July 8, 2004
- Use select(2) instead of poll(2). For some reason, the poll didn't work with diablo-jdk 1.3 but select does. Select does not work on older native jdk 1.2, so this change makes this package broken for that jdk. If someone still wants to use jdk 1.2 then FreeBSD commapi 0.4 must be used.
September 1, 2004
- Turn on CLOCAL flag to avoid hangs when modem signals change.
- Fixed first argument to select